Thursday 17 May 2012

Sarah Leishman-Social Worker

Sarah seemed like a really quit, soft spoken individual; but maybe her job needs her to be that way. She told us a lot of what it's like working with different people, and listening to what has happened in their lives. I don't think it's a easy job at all, because you have to listen to some horrible things that some people have had to overcome. She told us how you have to be strong mentally and emotionally, and have a mature attitutde towards everyone. Also, she mentioned that many social workers do not make a lot of money and I was really surprised that they don't. Sarah also bought yarn with her, and each person held on the one piece of it, then threw it to someone else while saying smoeone who is important in their life, and I thought that was  a really neat idea. Personally, I don't think I could be a social worker just because of the emtotional aspect of it all.

1 comment: